For starters, I will be taking up a new position at Rosebank College as Assistant Science Coordinator - a role I never really thought I would like to pursue. But, after much consideration and deliberation I have come to the conclusion that the one of the main ways that I can help improve the teaching and learning of Science is by helping to run a department. I have met with the Coordinator I will be working with and we have worked out who will be looking after what aspects of the department in 2016 and I am really excited for what is to come. Basically - I will mainly be working with the staff on improving their integration of technology into their classrooms and boosting the engagement of the students. So I will be doing two things I am extremely passionate about and hopefully passing some of that on to other teachers.
I have been thinking about some 'resolutions' that I will like to give a try for 2016. I'm usually not very good with these, but I don't usually put them out there for others to know... so maybe if people know I will feel more accountable for them!
- develop our Science department to work as a team towards a common goal of having the best programs available for our students
- continue with the flipped classroom for Stage 6 Biology
- blog - I have a few 'blog prompts' up my sleeve that I plan on using to get me started on keeping up with this
- complete 2 more units of my Masters
- continue to attend TeachMeets and network with other teachers from Sydney and beyond
- have another article published somewhere - I would love to write a book, so that's something I will be working towards!
- continue to be involved with #aussieED on Twitter
- reach my step goal of 10, 000 steps at least 5 out of 7 days a week
- have 2 days where I do not consume any sugar/soft drink
- visit the gym (not really going to put a number on this - just do it! lol)
- cheer on my Wests Tigers at as many games as possible (and hopefully see them into the finals!!)
- work towards a run/jog of 5km
- cook! First I need to learn! HAHA
- keep up communication with friends I have made over the years, especially those from MSCW when I start at my new school
- spend time with my loved ones when possible - not just those 'special events'
I hope you have thought about a few things that you would like to do as you dive head first into 2016! May the year bring you everything you wish for and more... bring it on!!